The Secondary Market Assistant is mainly responsible for completing mortgage loan documents required for closing per investor and program specific guidelines, performing duties related to the servicing, shipping, and purchasing of closed secondary market loans and to assist the Loan Processor in duties of processing loan files to prepare the files for submission to underwriting.
- Schedule loan closing and compile closing documents: review approved mortgage loan to determine conditions that must be met prior to closing.
- Issue closing request through the portal.
- Complete Closing Disclosure with data received from title company.
- Verify accuracy and consistency of specifications on documents, such as title abstract and insurance forms.
- Call borrower, broker and other specified individuals to arrange time and date for closing
- Answer questions regarding closing requirements.
- Assemble documents for delivery to the title company or loan originator for closing.
- Verify compliance with government standards, RESPA/TILA, TRID, etc.
- May compile closed loan forms for delivery.
- Review and organize the loan file.
Shipper/Post Closing Duties:
- Perform quality control review of closed loan file for accuracy and completeness.
- Update information in mortgage software for each loan reviewed.
- Contact closers, settlement agents, and insurance agents to resolve errors within loan documents.
- Follow up on any missing, incomplete or incorrect documentation.
- Prioritize workload to deliver files by target dates.
- Prepare loan files for delivery to investors including:
- Preparing transfer letters
- Copying original collateral documents
- Complete investor specific coversheets to accompany completed files
- Scanning and copying loan documents
- Post and manage loan payments and research payment applications on service released loans.
- Process necessary payments directly to government agencies and third parties in a timely manner (FHA, VA & PMI).
- Provide customer service calls and answer investor questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Must work well in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must show strong initiative.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to use mortgage loan systems and software necessary to perform the duties.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to communicate with customers, vendors, and colleagues in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Basic knowledge of Encompass is preferred.
- Strong desire to work in a team environment and support the Bank with a positive attitude.
- Foster a culture consistent with our core values of Do the Right Thing, Respect, Positivity, Innovation, Teamwork and Accountability.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Some college or technical school preferred.
- One year of experience working in an office environment required.
- Experience working in a bank, mortgage office or in a like position is preferred.
- Encompass experience a plus.
- This position may require SAFE Act registration.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: In the work environments described below, Position requires sitting at desk/workstation and utilizing a computer and telephone for prolonged periods of time, good eye/hand coordination, verbal and written conversation with others, walking, standing, lifting/carrying (up to 20 lbs). Vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Work Environment: Work will be performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a routine background, consumer credit check and drug screening.
United Bank offers competitive salary based on experience and a complete benefit package for all full time positions. The benefit package includes, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401k, PTO, paid holidays, and gym memberships.
If you are interested in joining our great team, please apply now!