Responsible for the daily operations of the Secondary Market department, including the development of staff, establishment of policies and procedures, assurance of compliance in all areas both legal and organizational, and overseeing staff training.
- Lead in the recruiting, hiring, supervision, and development of originators and support staff.
- Formulate and maintain procedures, policies and guidelines to assure that the Bank’s operations are current with secondary market and investor requirements and guidelines.
- Maintain accountability for achieving team results. Determine annual team objectives, define sales goals, develop department budget and prepare loan production activity reports.
- Evaluate, measure and report on budget and performance indicators.
- Lead team to achieve sales, loan production and revenue goals.
- Continuously improve the department marketing and sales effectiveness through sales leadership, including coaching and counseling, feedback, and reinforcement.
- Generate loans through outside sales activity to enhance loan production and revenue.
- Represent United Bank to the borrowing public, including realtor/builder contacts, borrower/applicant contact and public involvement within market area.
- Establish and maintain client referral relationships, make sales calls, and develop new business.
- Ensure participation of CRA activities within marketing area to include low-to-moderate income families and minority lending outreach efforts through meetings, program development and training.
- Interface with Secondary Market investors and government agencies to coordinate all investor changes, procedures, compliance, pricing and new loan programs.
- Work directly with the Compliance Officer to implement training and changes as required.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory, investor, government agency and internal policies.
- Coordinate and assist in new LPO opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of mortgage lending guidelines and regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of secondary marketing, insuring, and post-closing.
- Proficient in loan operating systems, Encompass preferred.
- Must work well in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must show strong initiative.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire, train, lead, and motivate department personnel.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to communicate with customers, vendors, and colleagues in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Ability to manage production performance of others while still meeting individual production targets.
- Strong desire to work in a team environment and support the Bank with a positive attitude.
- Foster a culture consistent with our core values of Do the Right Thing, Respect, Positivity, Innovation, Teamwork and Accountability.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Business, or a related field is highly preferred.
- Seven years of mortgage lending experience is required.
- Four years mortgage lending management required.
- Mortgage lending experience in Northwest Arkansas preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must abide by all SAFE Act requirements, including registration.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: In the work environments described below, position requires sitting at desk/workstation and utilizing a computer and telephone for prolonged periods of time, good eye/hand coordination, verbal and written conversation with others, walking, standing, lifting/carrying (up to 20 lbs). Vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Work Environment: Work will be performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.