The Commercial Lender purpose is to support the company’s mission statement, values, and sales goals by establishing new customer relationships and retaining and expanding existing customer relationships. The Commercial Lender will analyze loan applications, decision loans within the lender’s individual lending authority, generate interest income, monitor and service existing loan customers, make credit decisions, collect on loans and market the bank’s services and products.
- Compile and analyze data for commercial loan requests; outline loan terms and conditions and inform borrowers of loan commitments; assist borrowers by making appropriate recommendations concerning financing options and financial decisions
- Originate and service business and individual loans both secured and unsecured
- Screen loan requests based upon bank policies
- Maintain compliance with loan policy, procedures and documentation, including loan package preparation, while properly structuring, underwriting, and pricing.
- Analyze financial information and loan collateral to determine strength of loan proposal.
- Write Credit Memorandum detailing borrower(s) credit strength, details of loan and other necessary information needed for a clear representation of credit package and recommendation for approval.
- Present loan to President/CEO, CLO, OLC and/or the Board of Directors for approval.
- Work with loan assistant assuring loan documents are completed in a timely manner and accurately; solves problems prior to closing, and attends closing as necessary.
- Monitor past due reports and contact customers to determine solution.
- Maintain accurate pipeline report.
- Renew matured loans in a timely manner.
- Inspects property under construction for draws on construction loans when required and to take photos prior to closing as required for collateral purposes.
- Provide on-going service to existing clients and branch personnel regarding loan questions and issues.
- Establish relationships to expand lending opportunities
- Produce quality referrals through regular calls on existing and prospective customers as well as referral sources.
- Attend and participate in community events, volunteer events, and local organizations to represent United Bank and make business contacts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Must work well in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must show strong initiative.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to communicate with customers, vendors, and colleagues in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Strong desire to work in a team environment and support the Bank with a positive attitude.
- Foster a culture consistent with our core values of Do the Right Thing, Respect, Positivity, Innovation, Teamwork and Accountability.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- College degree in Finance, Business, or a related field is preferred.
- Three years of commercial lending experience is required.
- Banking experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must abide by all SAFE Act requirements, including registration.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: In the work environments described below, position requires sitting at desk/workstation and utilizing a computer and telephone for prolonged periods of time, good eye/hand coordination, verbal and written conversation with others, walking, standing, lifting/carrying (up to 20 lbs). Vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
- Work Environment: Work will be performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.